IB Results of International Schools in Madrid: Class of 2022
Continuing our last article about International Schools in Madrid, let’s take a closer look at the ones that offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) and their IB Results in 2022.
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) is a two-year academic program for students aged 16 to 19, whose results are recognized and respected by over 5000 universities across the globe. The IB Diploma is a significant credential for university and college applications.
The Diploma Programme (DP) curriculum includes six subject groups. Students need to take a minimum of three of these subjects at the challenging “Higher” level, whereas they can take the rest at the “Standard” level. In addition, there are three more essential components: Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS), and the Extended Essay.
Some of the advantages of receiving an IB Diploma are:
1. High Acceptance Rate and Increased Scholarship Opportunities;
2. Students become internationally-minded individuals due to the interdisciplinary teaching;
3. Students usually develop a habit of lifelong learning;
4. Students are trained to be risk takers and not be afraid of uncertainties;
5. Students tend to be conscientious individuals, acting with integrity and honesty.
The following interview with a former IB Student provides insight into her firsthand experience with the IB Curriculum.
At the end of the two-year program, students take written examinations for most of the courses. There are two examination sessions each year in May and November. Below are the May IB Results for International Schools in Madrid for the Class of 2022.