The Australian International School (AIS) is a private international school in Singapore founded 25 years ago, which offers education for students from Infant Care (2 months) to Year 12 (18 years). AIS is part of the global Cognita family of schools, with about 70 schools in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
The Australian International School is made of three sections: Early Years; Elementary School and Secondary School and engages different curricula across them:
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (IB PYP) from Preschool to Year 5
- Australian Curriculum for Years 6 to 8
- Cambridge IGCSE in Years 9 and 10
- Higher School Certificate (HSC) or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) for Years 11 and 12.
The Australian International School is the only school in Singapore that offers an Australian curriculum-based global education for students of over 50 nationalities, with 67% from Australia and New Zealand.
AIS is a non-selective school in its admissions policy. The school is confident that the individual’s worth is not limited to his/her intellectual ability alone. AIS commits to a holistic, rounded education, which values art and sports as well as academic dimensions of education, as outlined in its Vission, Mission and Values.
Vision: AIS strives to be a globally recognized center of educational excellence whose students consistently exceed expectations and are committed to addressing the needs of our world.
Mission: To enable our students to realize their potential through exceptional opportunities, within a nurturing community which equips them to flourish in life and to make a difference for good.
Values: Respect, Opportunity and Achievement.
The Australian International School’s campus includes three main buildings for each of the three sections of the sub-schools:
- The Main Building, opened in 2003, houses the Upper Elementary and Lower Secondary Schools.
- The Junior School building, opened in 2008, which houses the Early Years and the Lower Elementary School.
- The Peter Bond Secondary School opened in 2010 for students in Years 10, 11 and 12.
In total AIS has 188 classrooms with a maximum capacity of 25 students.
AIS has a broad program of foreign languages that begins offering daily Mandarin classes from Nursery for two-year-olds children based on interactive sessions of songs, games and storytelling. As the students progress in older year levels, the program became more intense with verbal and written skills until Years 3 to 5.
In Secondary School students can choose between Mandarin, Bahasa, French, or Spanish.
Fees vary in 2023 from S$26,708 total Annual Tuition Fee at Pre-Nursery/Nursery (5 day, full day session) to $47,140 for High School.
You can apply in this link: APPLY ONLINE!