INTRODUCTION TO International Community School
International Community School is an affordable international Christian school in Singapore, offering an American curriculum for children from K4 to Grade 12 (4 to 18 years of age) since 1993.
LOCATION / CAMPUS
The school is located on a quiet residential road off West Coast Road, a subzone in the town of Clementi, the western part of Singapore. The campus is close to two main bus stops and MRT stations.
CURRICULUM / AGES (GRADES)
International Community School Singapore pursues academic excellence and community spirit and is Christ-centered and biblically focused. The school includes:
– Elementary School – Pre-kindergarten (K4) to Grade 5: the school offers a program that integrates the American academic content standards and child development theories.
– Middle School – Grades 6 through 8: the school offers an American curriculum anchored in Common Core Standards and grounded in a biblical worldview.
– High School – Grades 9 through 12: the school offers an American and Advanced Placement curriculum.
Language of Instruction: English.
Extra Languages: Mandarin in Elementary School, and Mandarin and Spanish as electives in Middle School.
Language Support: The school offers English Language Learners (ELL) instruction for those students who do not master the English language.
International Community School offers a variety of after-school extracurricular activities (ECAs) and intramural and competitive sports throughout the school year. Some examples of past offerings are ceramics, taekwondo, Model United Nations, typography, dance, volleyball club, disc golf club and soccer club.
Number of students: More than 350 students.
Number of nationalities: Approximately 30 nationalities.
Predominant nationality: INA
Class size Average: 9 to 1 student-teacher ratio (Elementary School) / 5 to 1 student-teacher ratio (Middle School) / 6 to 1 student-teacher ratio (High School)
Class size Maximum: INA
Enrolment period: The school accepts applications throughout the school year for all grade levels on a rolling basis.
Waiting list: INA
Admission criteria: INA
School Fees Structure: AY 2023-2024
Year Level Annual Tuition Payments
Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten S$25,492.50
Elementary School (Grade 1 to 5) S$28,928.50
Middle School (Grade 6 to 8) S$32,962
High School (Grade 9 to 12) S$36,890
All fees are listed in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and include GST.
The school’s learning support team collaborates with students, parents, teachers, and other related service providers and offer three levels of support:
– Level 1 or Consult: Students receive accommodations across one area of learning.
– Level 2 or In-Class Support: Students receive accommodations across more than one area of learning.
– Level 3 or In-Class Support and Direct Services: Level 3 students receive significant accommodations in multiple areas of learning.
Student Support: INA
School Bus: YES
Boarding Services: NO