The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) is one of the leading schools in Kuala Lumpur, providing a British education from Early Years through to Sixth Form, for children aged 2-18. BSKL became part of the Nord Anglia Education Group as of the 2018-2019 academic year.
The school’s focus is to create a personalised learning environment that facilitates excellent academic achievements.
BSKL follows a curriculum based on the English National Curriculum, which is reviewed frequently and in constant evolution, including IGCSE and A Level. Currently, the school has over 1,000 students covering Early Years, Primary and Secondary, including Sixth Form.
The BSKL campus is located in Selangor; a 20 minutes drive from the city centre. It is divided into three parts– Lower, Junior and Secondary. The Secondary campus was opened onsite in September 2016.
Within the facilities, BSKL offers:
- A 9-a-side covered sports field,
- Three indoor sports halls,
- Two swimming pools,
- Two full size football fields,
- A 650-seat theatre,
- Specialist music and dance rooms,
- Three libraries with over 20,000 books, and
- The latest technology features as a 3D printing room.
At BSKL, the language of instruction is English. Still, through the Modern Foreign Languages Department, the school also offers courses in Mandarin, Spanish, French and Bahasa, depending on the Key Stage:
- Mandarin or Spanish are taught in Primary School, Key Stage 1 and 2 (Years 1-6), at an appropriate level.
- At Key Stage 3 (Years 7-9), all students study two of the following languages: French (two hours a week), Spanish (two hours a week) and Mandarin (three hours a week). Malaysian students also study Bahasa (one hour a week).
- At Key Stage 4 (Years 10-11), students will be preparing for the IGCSE exams in their chosen language. They can choose between French, Spanish, Mandarin and Bahasa.
- BSKL offers French at Key Stage 5 (Sixth Form) and follows the AQA A Level course. The school can also offer both Spanish and Mandarin at A Level.
Tuition Fees at BSKL may be paid annually or termly, and for the academic year 2020-2021 vary between RM45,600 in Early Year Centre to RM99,970 in Year 13 per annum.
More specific information about the application process and entry requirements can be found here.